Journal of Security and Strategic Analyses (JSSA)
Strategic Vision Institute (SVI) is an autonomous, multidisciplinary and non-partisan institution established in January 2013. The SVI aims to project strategic foresight on issues of national and international import through dispassionate, impartial and independent research, analyses and studies.
Journal of Security and Strategic Analyses (JSSA) is a bi-annual premier research publication of the SVI. It would primarily focus on the contemporary issues of security and strategic studies with a multi-disciplinary perspective. The JSSA is a new journal in the foregoing fields captioned in its title. There is a variety of journals in this area but most of them are colored with the perspectives from where they are published: primarily the Western discourse on strategic and security studies that excludes Sino-Russian and most of the Eurasian and African affairs viewpoints. The goal of JSSA is to publish autonomous, objective and innovative research carrying profound impact in strategic and security studies. It aims to project policy oriented research based upon standard academic research methodology.
JSSA seeks to publish manuscripts with cutting-edge research that breaks new ground and makes an original contribution rather than merely an incremental contribution to the existing strategic studies. Manuscripts should address policy impacting developments, phenomena and issues with a distinct standpoint. JSSA is particularly interested in publishing innovative policy research papers bearing a multi-disciplinary approach. Manuscripts should provide a brief overview or literature review of existing perspectives but often challenging the traditional mainstream views, wherever possible.
Scope & Mission
The mission of the SVI Journal JSSA is to endorse and promote scholarly research in the academic fields related to International Relations and Political Science, as reported by academics, scholars, researchers, social scientists from around the world, especially Pakistan.
The JSSA welcomes original high-quality papers/studies, review articles and book reviews which debate erudite and contemporaneous issues and ideas of academic relevance. Research published by the Journal encompasses (but not limited to) topics such as: peace, security and strategic studies, nuclear deterrence, nuclear non-proliferation, nuclear safety and security, strategic stability, doctrines, terrorism/counter terrorism, internal and external security, international security, CPEC and BRI, geopolitical issues, peace and conflict studies, human security and energy security.
President/Executive Director Zafar Iqbal Cheema
Members S. Sadia Kazmi
Editorial Advisory Board
Prof. Dr. Marvin Weinbaum, Professor Emeritus of Political Science at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and is currently a scholar-in-residence at the Middle East Institute in Washington DC.
Dr. Kenneth Holland, Executive Director of the Center for International Development, Ball State University, Muncie, United States.
Dr. Dale Walton, Assoc. Prof. of International Relations at Lindenwold University, Missouri, United States.
Dr. Tariq Rauf, Director, Disarmament, Arms Control and Non-Proliferation Program, Stockholm International Peace Research Institute, Sweden.
Dr. Bruno Tertrais, Director Adjoint (Deputy Director) Foundation for Strategic Research, Paris, France.
Dr. Zulfqar Khan, Head of Dept, Department of Strategic Studies, National Defence University, Islamabad.
Dr. Adil Sultan, Visiting Faculty Member, National Defence University, Islamabad.
Dr. Zafar Nawaz Jaspal, Associate Professor, School of Politics and International Relations, Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad.
Dr. Rizwana Abbasi, Assistant Professor, Department of International Relations, National Defence University, Islamabad.
Lt Gen. (Retd) Khalid Naeem Lodhi, Former Secretary Defence, BE (Civil), M.Sc War Studies, MA International Relations, Freelance Writer, Defence Analyst.
Lt. Gen. (Retd) Syed Muhammad Owais, Former Secretary Defence Production, Ministry of Defence Production, Rawalpindi.
Indexing & Abstracting Agencies
The Strategic Vision Institute is in the process of seeking the Journal’s indexing/abstracting agency
Guidelines for the Authors
Strategic Vision Institute’s (SVI) Biannual Journal: Security and Strategic Analyses (JSSA) is a peer-reviewed journal focusing on contemporary issues of peace, security and strategic studies.
Research papers are solicited for publication in the JSSA. The papers should be research based academic policy analysis. No lengthy historical backgrounds are needed because our target audience at this stage is informed academic, diplomatic and policy-making community. We welcome papers under the following categories, with ballpark figures for word limits:
- Research Papers/Articles (6000-8000 words including footnotes)
- Book Reviews (1000-2000 words including footnotes)
Papers/Articles must conform to the following guidelines:
- The papers should be sent at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Each Article must be accompanied by an abstract of not more than 250 words. The abstract must be in a separate word document.
- Please provide Author details with your paper, including qualifications and institutional affiliations. These details are to be provided in the first footnote of the paper.
- For Book Reviews, please describe the subject of the review clearly, including the author, title, publisher, year and pages of the book.
- All work must be original. By submitting any work, the author is presumed to declare that the article is original and has not been published elsewhere.
- All articles must be submitted only in MS Word format (.doc or .docx extensions).
- No border cover pages or title pages are required. Mention the title of the submission once in the beginning of the piece, followed by the author’s name.
- British English spellings should be used.
- References must be footnoted according to Chicago manual 16th Please follow the link:
All references must be cited in simple text. No formatting is required for the citations.
- Submissions are promptly acknowledged within a few hours of the receipt of submission. The decision on publication will take approximately 4-6 weeks after the receipt date.
- The papers will be subjected to peer-review that will be communicated to the authors and published only after the reviewer’s comments are taken into consideration. The published updates may subsequently appear on our website with the consent of authors.
- For the detailed submission guidelines please visit the website thesvi.org
JSSA is currently open for papers on: peace, security and strategic studies, nuclear deterrence, nuclear non-proliferation, nuclear safety and security, strategic stability, doctrines, terrorism/counter terrorism, internal and external security, international security, geopolitical issues, peace and conflict studies, human security and energy security.
All contributors should submit their contact information, a short biography and an abstract to email@example.com
Submissions not based on guidelines for contributors will not be acceptable.
Call for Papers
Since its establishment in 2013, the Strategic Vision Institute (SVI) has successfully managed to build a modest impact on the security, strategy, peace, and policy discourse development. The efforts have further been materialized through the publication of its premier biannual journal; Journal of Security and Strategic Analyses (JSSA). It is a peer-reviewed journal conforming to the standards of HEC recognized journal and has been placed in the Y Category by the HEC-HJRS.
SVI accepts scholarly research papers for its next issue that may fulfill the following:
- Research Papers/Articles (6000-8000 words excluding footnotes)
- Book Reviews (1000-2000 words including footnotes)
- JSSA is currently open for papers on: peace, security and strategic studies, nuclear deterrence, nuclear non-proliferation, arms control and disarmament, nuclear safety and security, strategic stability, doctrines, terrorism/counter terrorism, internal and external security, international security, geopolitical issues, peace and conflict studies, human security and energy security.
- Guidelines for authors are available at: thesvi.org
Contributors should submit their contact information, a short biography, and an abstract of their paper to firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to meet the deadline for peer reviewing, editing and printing tasks, kindly send your manuscripts (written exclusively for the JSSA) by the mentioned deadlines.
Submission deadline for the JSSA, Summer issue: End of March
Submission deadline for the JSSA, Winter issue: End of September
Author/s are required to submit their manuscripts: research papers / book reviews in MS Word format, along with their brief bios and complete contact details. Articles submitted for publication are subject to the blind peer-reviews (national and international). The publication of the manuscript is strictly based on the acceptance or rejection of the peer-reviewer’s reports. A modest honorarium is paid for the published articles and book reviews in the JSSA.
Note: The JSSA follows an HEC declared policy for plagiarism, for which the SVI observes strict zero-tolerance procedure.
JSSA Vol I, No 1| Download PDF
JSSA Vol II, No 1 | Download PDF
JSSA Vol II, No 2| Download PDF
JSSA Vol III, No 1 | Download PDF
JSSA Vol III, No 2 Download PDF
JSSA Vol IV, No 1| Download PDF
JSSA Vol IV, No 2| Download PDF
JSSA Vol V, No 1| Download PDF
JSSA Vol V, No 2| Download PDF
Address: Plot No: 10B/10C, SRB Business Center, Lower Ground Floor, Super Market, F-6 Markaz, Islamabad
Tel: +92 (0) 51 8434973-75